Dear Aurora School of Music Family and Community –
In light of recent events and the fluidity of the current health emergency facing our communities we’ve made some proactive decisions on how to continue to provide our ASM student’s ongoing musical training while also creating a safe and healthy environment.
As we outlined in our previous email on March 10th, we’ve engaged heightened disinfection procedures on a daily basis throughout the school, including all surfaces throughout the building as well as faculty disinfecting rooms between lessons. In an effort to eliminate exposure for students, parents and faculty we are implementing the following changes:
ASM students’ pick up and drop off procedure
The CDC is implementing social distancing as the best method of preventing community spread of COVID-19. In order for us to accomplish this in the most effective way possible we are implementing the following ASM student drop off and pick up procedures for this designated time period:
STUDENTS under 12
- For all students under 12, we request that parents drop off students in front of main doors of the school (in front of reception desk). For younger children who need assistance getting in and out of cars, we ask that parents bring child to foyer and front desk staff will supervise student until they are greeted by their designated faculty.
- We will greet students at the reception area and teachers will escort students to their studio and back to the reception desk upon class completion.
- Front desk staff will escort the student to the awaiting parent’s vehicle and we ask that parents pull up to the farthest spot in front of the hall (right side of driveway) so as to accommodate each student’s parent’s vehicle during the designated time.
FOR VERY YOUNG STUDENTS or THOSE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
- One supervising parent may accompany their child to their lesson.
STUDENTS 12 and over
- For all students over 12, we request that parents drop off students in front of main doors of the school and have each student check in at front desk and head down to their classroom.
Please revisit our cancellation and class makeup policy as stated in the previous email from March 10th 2020.
If you have to cancel lessons due to issues related to COVID-19, we ask that you contact our office BEFORE NOON on the day of your lesson either by email at email@example.com or by phone including text messages 330-915-4912, and we will reschedule your lesson for a future makeup time.
Makeups during this period – beginning 3/10/2020 – and their expiration dates will be extended through 2020 so as to accommodate each student until this health emergency has passed.
Please remember that for any other scheduling conflicts, ASM requires 48HOURS notice and we will be happy to reschedule your music lesson for a future makeup time.
Warmest Regards – Aurora School of Music