Thursday March 19, 2020
Dear ASM Students and Parents,
Welcome to Virtual ASM!
We are excited to share all of the details with you, and to prepare you and your students for your first online lesson(s) at ASM. All lessons will take place through Virtual ASM beginning on Friday, March 20, and until further notice.
To get started, you will need:
1. Your instrument, in a room free of sound or other distractions.
2. Your music/notebook.
3. A LAPTOP, smartphone, or tablet (LAPTOP strongly preferred for sound quality).
4. An internet connection or data usage on your device.
5. If your student is under 12 years of age, we request that a parent/guardian/adult be present to assist with lesson activities and technology.
6. Optional: Headphones with built-in microphone (gaming headphones strongly recommended), which greatly increases sound quality for vocalists.
7. Optional: External microphone; Snowball microphone highly recommended for vocalists.
On the day of your very first Virtual ASM lesson:
- Laptop users: Please click on the link at least 5-10 minutes prior to your lesson so you will have time for the Zoom installer to be installed in time for your meeting.
- Tablet/Smart Phone users: For tablet or smart phone users please download the Zoom app (aka Zoom Cloud) prior to your lesson (this is a free app). From the app you will enter the MEETING ID. When joining the meeting, please tap “Use Internet Audio” and enable video.
We ask that you give yourself a few minutes ahead of your lesson to be logged in and in the Zoom waiting room so that your teacher may grant you access to the Zoom lesson.
We will communicate all of your lesson details as soon as possible. We are in constant communication with our faculty, parents, students, and staff to ensure a smooth transition to our new Virtual ASM!
We are here to help! Please stay safe, and stay tuned!